- Start off by growing the species of marigold known as calendula oficcinalis or pot marigold. Do not use pesticides or herbicides on these marigolds if you plan to use them on or in your body.
- Once the marigolds have bloomed, pick them. Remove their heads. Let them dry out. Get them nice and dry. Wet marigold heads can cause mold growth in the oil.
- Pack dry marigolds into a canning jar.
- Take some olive oil. Warm it slightly and pour into the jar. Make sure that all flowers are covered with the oil.
- Cover jar with cheesecloth. Place jar in window. When the oil has turned a golden color, strain oil into a bottle or flask. Store in cool, dry place.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
How to Turn Marigolds into Massage Lotion
It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...
I have been wearing make-up for over six years now and I love every moment of it. I did not wear make-up until I left home and got ...
Time sure does fly really fast when you least expect it. Last month, me and my husband celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary. We had suc...
I received this picture from my Uncle during my cousin's birthday last week. I find the picture to be super gorgeous and look extremely...