Monday, June 15, 2009
Uses of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a common plant in the Philippines. Aloe Vera has a lot of uses. Here are the 40 list of its uses:
1. Pamper yourself to a soothing body rub. Slice aloe leaves lengthwise and use the inner sides as a biodegradable body scrub in the shower.
2. Treat burns from minor mishaps in the kitchen—from grease splatters or hot utensils.
3. For more major kitchen mishaps like a scald, mix some aloe gel and vitamin E oil into a little jar for a homemade burn healer.
4. Banish black and blue bruises by swapping on the good goo.
5. Soothe and heal sunburns. Aloe contains cooling properties similar to menthol.
6. Take the sting or itch out of insect bites.
7. Reduce tissue damage from frostbite.
8. Alleviate mysterious rashes.
9. Make feet baby soft with an exfoliating mask by mixing together a half cup of oatmeal, a half cup of corn meal, four tbsp. of aloe vera gel and a half cup of unscented body lotion.
10. Help heal herpes outbreaks.
11. Fight Athlete’s Foot.
12. Swab over blisters for quick relief.
13. Use as an antidote to allergic skin reactions.
14. Replace creams and lotions as a general moisturizer for dry skin. Aloe is fast absorbing!
15. Prevent pesky pimples and treat acne.
16. Soothe Psoriasis.
17. Prevent scarring and stretch marks.
18. Help rid of Rosacea.
19. Shrink warts.
20.Reverse signs of aging skin and wrinkles. Cleopatra did!
21. Help eliminate Eczema.
22. Brighten skin. Aloe can decrease pigmentation and dark spots.
23. Make skin new again with an exfoliating, organic sugar scrub by mixing together two tbsp. of Aloe Vera, 2 tbsp. of organic brown sugar and 1 tsp. of organic lemon juice.
24. For rougher patches mix together an organic salt skin scrub using two cups of sea salt, one cup of Aloe Vera, one cup of organic coconut oil and two tbsp. of local, organic honey.
25. Speed up hair growth by massaging aloe into the scalp, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and rinsing.
26. Reduce hair dandruff by mixing Aloe Vera juice with coconut milk and wheat germ oil. Massage into scalp and rinse.
27. Replace aloe with conditioner for silkier, smoother hair.
28. Remove eye makeup.
29. Treat minor vaginal irritations.
Oral Uses of Aloe Vera
30. Drink Aloe Vera juice to relieve gastrointestinal disorders like indigestion.
31. Sip it to aid in elimination. Many times, it’s recommended for its laxative effects.
32. Take a swig to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome including bloating and discomfort.
33. Take aloe orally to relieve heartburn, arthritis and rheumatism pain.
34. Boil leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor to alleviate asthma.
35. Drink to lower blood sugar levels—especially for diabetics.
36. Strengthen gum's and promote strong, healthy teeth by taking orally or use toothpaste with aloe vera ingredients.
37. Drink to help ease congestion, stomach ulcers, colitis, hemorrhoids, urinary tract infections and prostate problems.
38. Take orally to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides for a healthy heart.
39. Sip to minimize inflammation and infection of the eye and ear.
40. Toast to its general detoxifier and health boosting qualities!
Give my credits to Planet Discovery.
It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...
I have been wearing make-up for over six years now and I love every moment of it. I did not wear make-up until I left home and got ...
Time sure does fly really fast when you least expect it. Last month, me and my husband celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary. We had suc...
I received this picture from my Uncle during my cousin's birthday last week. I find the picture to be super gorgeous and look extremely...