Monday, July 6, 2009

Public Enemies Movie Analysis

Hello everyone, today I would like to tell you about what I felt about the new movie, Public Enemies, with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. The movie is about the life of the notorious bank robber, John Dillinger, played by Johnny Depp. Most of the movie is about the FBI, led by J. Edgar Hoover, and their hunt for John Dillinger. The person leading the FBI's task force is Special Agent Melvin Purvis, played by Christian Bale. The movie was somewhat of a disappointment for me, mostly because there was a lack of action, and the movie was extremely straightforward and predictable, and it only shows the final years of John Dillinger's life, and very brief scenes of his relationship with his girlfriend, Billie Frechette, played by Marion Cotillard. The visuals of the movie was probably the only thing I liked, you really felt like you were in 1933, with that said, I am glad that I live in 2009, ha ha. The costumes were very true to life, at least to that era, the backgrounds were nice as well. Overall, I felt that there was something that was missing from this movie, so I can not recommend it, at least not until it comes out on video.

No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...