Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Alligator Gar

I still managed to watch different TV shows everyday even if my work and school schedules are very hectic. Actually, the other day while I was watching the show Swamp People, there is one particular scene that caught my attention. In this particular day, the Swamp people were not able to catch any alligators in the bayou of Louisiana  so they decided to do an alternative fishing of the fish called Alligator Gar which looks like the actual alligator.

The alligator gar is the largest among the family of gars and they are found in North America. The alligator gar is a freshwater fish that can reach up to 10 feet long and will weigh up to 200 pounds. They usually feed in small fishes or seaweeds.

I have never seen such creature like this before. I have uploaded a picture of an Alligator Gar which is courtesy of Google Image.

No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...