Monday, October 18, 2010

Picking Pumpkins

Thanks for the guest post by Neville Mcintyre
Since I was a little girl I have always remembered my family and extended family getting together during the month of October. During this time of "get together" we hang out at my grandparents house and laugh and eat and just have a really good time. Usually we hang out all day long until it was about 2 hours before sunset. At this time we hop on the wagon of the tractor and my papaw would haul us down the road a couple of miles until we reached his pumpkin field that he had been tending to. As one big family and one big team we will all pitch in and help pull the pumpkins and load them onto the wagon. One person will usually stand out in the field with the pumpkins and we will form a line in which we threw the pumpkin from one person to another until it makes it all the way back to the wagon. I love this pumpkin picking time so much because I get to spend quality time with my son and the rest of my family. We always laugh and joke around and have a wonderful time. Usually when we get done we are wore out so we will go back to my grandparents, kick back and do another one of our favorite things, watch direct.tv.

No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...