Friday, November 12, 2010

An Awesome Visit To The Florida Aquarium

Contribution by Paula Gonzales
My brother and his new wife came to visit us recently and we took them to our favorite place, the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. My family absolutely loves going to the aquarium! When I told my brother that my son had just completed his certification for SCUBA diving, he reminded me that certified divers could swim with sharks at the aquarium. Since my brother is a certified diver, he offered to take his nephew on the dive. We then discussed how my new sister-in-law and I could spend the time there getting to know each other better while we walked around the exhibits.

When the day came to take our trip, we got up early. Actually, I think my son got up before dawn. He was so excited! We loaded up the car with snacks and drinks and piled into the car to head to Tampa. I started to pull the car out of the drive when I remembered that I had forgotten something very important. I quickly ran back in the house and set the all home security alarm.

Our trip to the aquarium was so memorable. My brother and son had a blast on their dive. They could not stop talking about how incredible it was to dive among the sharks and get that close to them. My sister-in-law and I really enjoyed chatting and getting to know each other better. It really was an awesome day. We are planning to go back the next time they visit us.

No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...