Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Married My Best Friend

The word “friend” is bandied about with less meaning than we give to the word “stranger.” Everywhere I go, I hear people tell me of a friend who did this or a friend who did that. When I ask people to elaborate a bit on those friends, I find that most are mere acquaintances or coworkers and not real friends.

There is a vested interest amongst real friends. It is two people who share some things in common whether it be ideology, goals, faith, affiliation or other. Friendship doesn't happen over night. Friends reach out to one another to help in times of need no matter how trivial or serious the matter may be. A friend will be the one who visits me in the hospital and stays longer than the time it takes to eat that hamburger the nurse didn't see her sneak in.

My best friend turned out to be my wife. She is always there for me no matter what happens, and she knows I'm there for her too. When others in life find it easy to ignore our rough times but selfishly are needy when times are rough for them, my wife is there through it all. The bond we have lets us enjoy spending time together. We set the home security alarm( GEO home alarms cellguard) and head on out the door more often hand in hand together than going our own separate ways.

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder

No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...