Sunday, November 28, 2010

San Jose Sharks

Even though I don't live in the San Jose area, I've been following the San Jose Sharks the team because it's the only hockey team in the northern California region. Actually when the Sharks first made their way to the Bay Area in 1991, I didn't really follow the team all that much. They were an expansion team which usually meant they weren't very good and ice hockey didn't interest me all that much.

Then I went to my first hockey game with my college roommate who happened to be an avid Sharks fan. It was a playoff game at HP Pavilion Arena in San Jose. We had seats in the upper upper bowl and the crowd was so crazy that it literally felt like an earthquake was taking place. The atmosphere was crazy and I've been following the team ever since. My favorite players at the time were forwards Igor Larionov and Sergei Makarov, defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh and the goalie Arturs Irbe. Mainly because they were the teams best players.

The Sharks have virtually been making the playoffs ever since. I always make at least one trip a year to San Jose to watch a playoff game to experience the atmosphere that made me love the game in the first place, but I catch most of their regular season and playoff games on directstartv

Guest post by Quincy Lester

No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...