Monday, June 14, 2010

The Powerpuff Girls

This was written by Brenda Newthorn and is a guest post.


Have you ever seen superheros so powerful and yet so cute? That is one of my family's favorite shows, "The Powerpuff Girls." This show is a fun and light-hearted form of entertainment that is wildly enjoyed by my family and children of all ages. Watching this show on our satalie tv with a bowl of popcorn is my family's favorite way to come together after a busy week.


”The Powerpuff Girls" features the lives of three superheros that happen to be girls. They are cute, but that cuteness must not be a misleading factor in their powerful ability to fight enemies. Often, enemies on the program find their downfall when they assume these girls are cute, cuddly, or adorable. And that's why my girls love this show. This show has taught my girls that just because they are adorable, does not mean they have to be a bystander to violence or crimes. They can actively fight bad behaviors. I actually think this show has been an incredibly empowering influence in the lives of my girls. So rarely do we find superheros on television that are girls! This show has defied the odds, however, and made superhero women its main characters.

Overall, I highly recommend "The Powerpuff Girls" for families with young girls that may need a bit of empowerment.



No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...