Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Very Creepy Show

Contribution by Paula Gonzales


When you think of serial killers, what's the first thing that comes to your mind? The answer is most likely a raving madman. The key word there is 'madman.' Notice that word doesn't come in the 'madwoman' version. Is there a reason for this? Probably. There are definitely more male murderers out there than female murders. But I learned very quickly from the show Snapped that there are plenty of female killers out there as well. The difference between them and males is that females will almost always kill their husbands. Comforting, isn't it? This sometimes relates to jealousy due to an unfaithful husband, but most of the time it's for money - life insurance to be exact.


What makes this show even creepier for me is that I watch it with my wife. I get so worked up by the show that I sometimes start asking her questions and making accusations about her future plans. This is a little insane, but the show is that powerful.

 My wife and I make it a point to watch Snapped every week on the premium channel we get with out Direct tv deals. We enjoy it very much, but in a strange way. It's almost like we watch it just to confirm that there are people out there with much worse problems than ourselves. So, when things are bad, just watch Snapped. Everything will be put in perspective for you. Oh, and by the way, I don't have life insurance.

No comments:

Fast Forward and December is almost Here!

It feels so good to be back on my blog. I haven't really had the time to update my blogs since January because I have been quite busy. T...